Coleman Pediatrics is committed to providing a safe environment and the best care for our patients. We are always here for you, and can be reached at (301)468-9225, as well as through our patient portal. In order to protect our patients and staff throughout the current COVID-19 situation, we request your cooperation and understanding as we work through this together.
We have modified the care we provide in the following ways:
- Anyone who is sick, or has had someone in the home that was sick within the last seven days, should call us at (301)468-9225 before coming to the office. Virtual visits will be scheduled, as needed, after speaking to our front desk or nurse.
- We strongly encourage you to register for a patient portal account if you have not already done so. This will allow us to provide secure communications and care to all patients efficiently. Please contact the office if you need assistance.
- We will continue to see patients between birth and twelve years of age in the office for their well visits in order to provide vaccines as per the American Academy of Pediatrics vaccination schedule. One caregiver should bring the patient to the appointment. Siblings and/or additional persons will not be able to come to these visits at this time. Please call prior to your appointment if anyone at home has been sick in the last seven days, or if you have any questions. You can also self check-in prior to your appointment via the patient portal.
- Existing appointments with Dr. Coleman for well visits in the next two weeks will need to be rescheduled with one of our other physicians, or for a later date, as needed. Dr. Coleman will be available for virtual visits (as they are appropriate) during this time. Please contact the office to schedule.
- Our office is still completing forms for medications, daycare, camp, school, sports, etc. These can be sent and received through our patient portal as an attachment under “Messages”. All forms to be completed should be sent to the office through the patient portal. In order for us to complete forms the patient must have had a well visit within the last year. Please call the office for assistance with scheduling annual well visits, registering for the patient portal, and/or submitting forms to be completed.
- We will be offering virtual visits for established sick patients only during our regular Saturday hours. We ask that all other matters be handled Monday-Friday during regular business hours.
For virtual visits you will need to do the following:
- Register/confirm your email with our office. Register for patient portal access.
- Log in to patient portal and digitally sign consent forms.
- If using a cell phone for virtual visit you must download and install the “My Privia” app from the app store on your phone.
- Virtual visits require Google Chrome browser. Please make sure you have this browser installed and open all links from us using Chrome only.
- Please make sure your device has the camera and microphone turned on and enabled.
- Once a virtual visit has been scheduled you will receive an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org” containing the link for the visit. Some patients have reported this email going to spam/junk folder. If you do not receive the email within a few minutes of scheduling (up to one day before scheduled appointment time) please check your spam/junk folder. The sender “email@example.com” can be added to your contacts to prevent this in the future.
- Please be prepared for the virtual visit by having the patient in a private, well-lit room (particularly for older kids and teens).
- Follow the link in Chrome to “Start My Virtual Visit” within ten minutes prior to scheduled appointment. The provider will join the visit at the appointment time. You will be able to see and hear your provider, and they will be able to see and hear you.
- If the virtual visit is for a sick patient please take their temperature prior to visit. If a rash is involved please send a clear picture of the rash as an attachment under “Messages” in the patient portal prior to virtual visit.
- For medication refills please get patient’s height/weight prior to virtual visit (if possible, also provide pulse and blood pressure). Be prepared to provide this information to your physician.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns we are here to address them for you. Thank you for allowing us to continue to provide excellent care for your family.
Drs. Coleman, Thillairajah, & Greenberg