As circumstances with the health pandemic have evolved Coleman Pediatrics has made modifications to our office space, added protocols for staff/patients, and implemented new office policies in order to continue providing the best medical care in the safest environment possible. It is important that we recognize the team effort required between our staff and families within the practice to help protect each other’s health. The most recent guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding COVID-19 can be found on their website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
Our physicians continue to be available as needed for patients requiring care related to illness, injury, medication management, and developmental/behavioral concerns during our regular business hours Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm. One of our physicians will also be available for virtual visits on Saturdays from 8:30am to 12pm.
Well visits and vaccines may be scheduled as in-office appointments Monday through Friday. Well visit and vaccine appointments are not currently being offered during Saturday hours. Preventive visits are a critical part of overall patient care. Patients between birth and twenty one years of age may schedule routine well visits as per the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations, which can be found at https://www.healthychildren.org/English/family-life/health-management/Pages/Well-Child-Care-A-Check-Up-for-Success.aspx.
Important office policy reminder for patients:
- Patients scheduled for in-office appointments will receive a screening call from the practice prior to their visit.
- We ask that you notify us of any recent symptoms of illness, exposure to, or diagnosed illness of any members in the household prior to coming to the office.
- Please notify the office if anyone in the household has traveled within the two weeks prior to the appointment.
- In-office appointments should be scheduled at least two weeks after return from travel or any symptoms of illness have resolved.
- At this time only one parent/guardian will be permitted to accompany the patient into the office.
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone entering the building. (age 2 years +)
- Check-in, registration, pre-visit questionnaires, and other documentation may be done in advance through the Privia Patient Portal. If you have not yet registered for the portal please contact the office for assistance.
- Any patient requiring forms to be completed must have been seen by the practice for a well visit within the previous year (unless form states a specific time frame).
- Forms to be completed should be submitted as an attachment to a message within the Privia Patient Portal. There is a charge for completion of forms, more information about forms fees can be found at https://www.coleman-pediatrics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/4261_001.pdf. Forms will be returned via the patient portal once they have been completed and payment has been received. Please allow up to seven days for return of completed forms due to volume during peak times.
- Annual flu vaccines are recommended for everyone 6 months of age and older. Patients receiving their first ever flu vaccine will require two doses given one month apart. We will send another notice to patients as soon as the flu vaccine becomes available for the upcoming season so they may schedule appointments during one of our flu shot clinics or receive it during their upcoming well child visit. More information to follow.
Coleman Pediatrics is always available to address the healthcare needs of our patients. We encourage you to contact us at (301)468-9225 or through the secure Privia Patient Portal at https://8042-1.portal.athenahealth.com/ for assistance.
Drs. Coleman, Thillairajah, & Greenberg